Monday, November 9, 2009

Rihanna - 20/20 Interview




I just finished watching the 20/20 Rihanna interview. I don't even know where to begin, seriously. I guess I should start by saying I do not believe that a woman ever deserves to be a hit, whether she hit the man first, whether she was rude or disrespectful, nothing. It is NEVER okay for a man to place his hands on a woman, especially the way Chris did Rihanna. I have to say I feel like I saw a different side of her.  We're used to seeing the sexy and strong Rihanna, but she really let another side of her show. She was vulnerable. I have to give her shouts for composing herself, I know I would not be able to hold back all those emotions she had to be feeling. I think it's wrong that so many people judge her for going back.  It is never easy to leave someone you love whether or not they've abused you or not. But I am proud of her for being strong and doing what she had to do, not only for herself but for all those millions of girls and women who go through the same situations and maybe didn't know what to do, and watching Rihanna speak out motivated them to take the steps they needed to leave their abusive signifanct other. My heart goes out to all the women who have been apart of domestic violence. I know it is an ugly thing and can leave not only physical scars but emotional and mental as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment