Thursday, April 1, 2010

First Ink *

Even though my site is undergoing some construction, I decided to blog on my first tattoo! I've wanted a tattoo since I can remember. Over the years I've changed my mind tons of times as to what I would get. One day I was in the car with my mom and sister, and my sister was talking about a movie La Vita E Bella (which means 'a beautiful life'). After I heard her say that I knew right away that's what I wanted. So I finally told my mom I was going to do it and made the appointment. I was excited for weeks and when the day came I was nervous/estatic. So the day came and my best friend Dineen was taking me. I went to Illustrated Ink which I had heard and seen they do great work. We got there and I was a little apprehensive. Let me just say it didn't look like the inside of the shops where Kat Von D works. So we waited for about an hour and the tattoo artist finally got there. I was sitting in the chair nervous as hell and once I heard the needle start I almost lost it. Right away it didn't hurt so bad, but then I started feeling nauceous and sweating and I swore I was gonna throw up. Alex (the artist) told Dineen to go get me a candy bar or something. So after that I was fine, in pain but fine. The tattoo took about an hour, and some parts were more painful than others. I didn't make a sound though. I believe I can tolerate pain pretty well so I refused to be one of those punk girls who cried and screamed the whole time. I will admit I made some crazy ass faces though, lol. So there was a guy and his girlfriend there and the guy was talking to me, pretty much the whole time I was getting it done. He asked me what the quote meant and why I was getting it. I explained to him, my life has been anything but beautiful, but I hope that one day it will be. He told me he liked my attitude and that he believed this tattoo would bring me luck. Now that I think about it, I really hope it does! Well anyway, the pain and time was worth it. I'm in love with this tattoo and I can't wait to get more.

No comments:

Post a Comment